We are surrounded by spring green right now, a beauty which is a wonderful reminder of new life! One of my favorite chapters in the Scriptures is Romans chapter 8:
For the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you through Christ Jesus from the power of sin that leads to death. ~ Romans 8:2 NLT
Life from death! What a marvelous message we have to share with international students who choose to study here in the U.S.! How are our lives manifesting the life of Jesus so that students could see it, witness it personally, and experience it up close and personal? Here are some ways:
- Acts of kindness, unconditionally given with no expectation of return
- Expressed prayers that show students a connection between belief and our dependence upon a loving and powerful God who is concerned about us personally and the details of our life
- Modeling the joy of the peace of God in the midst of our difficult circumstances
- Seeing our friends and family who have the same peace, power, and joy we manifest
- Experiencing the peace of God when they are in our presence because Jesus is there
Are you seeing any fresh witnessing possibilities in your relationships with students?
As we celebrate Easter this year, let’s praise God for the change receiving the Spirit of Jesus made in our lives so that we manifest his power and purpose! And let’s give witness of it to students who have come to our universities from all over the world!
Doug Shaw with Derrah Jackson